Whether you are a new member or have been a part of our community for a while, this blog post is designed to highlight member benefits to ensure you are making the most of your ITO membership.
- Have you joined the private ITO Members Only group on Facebook? This group is designed to meet other Indigenous entrepreneurs, tourism business owners, and unique individuals. The group is set up for the sharing of information, events, celebrations and achievements, and opportunities for collaboration within the ITOmember community.
- Want to let people know you and your business are part of the ITO community? Wear our Proud ITO Member logo on your website, social media, and other platforms approved by ITO.
- ITO continues to grow our network in order to offer more value to our members through a variety of strategic opportunities and connections within the tourism industry and beyond. A few of our new partner initiatives include:
- Innovative Virtual Reality experience development.
- FEAST: Growing Indigenous Food Tourism in Ontario-a provincial strategy to activate the Indigenous food scene.
- Marketing & awareness of Indigenous tourism products with DestinationOntario, Destination Northern Ontario, Resorts of Ontario, and more.
Grow and Learn
- Whether you are in the start-up stages of your business or you are an established business owner looking to grow, our team can provide custom one-on-one advisory services throughout your business journey. This diverse team of individuals lend years of consulting experience a cross the hospitality, tourism, and business development industries, working directly with you to provide resources, coaching, mentorship, and support; including but not limited to, navigating and accessing financial resources, business planning tools, training and skills programs, and marketing opportunities.
- Have a request for The Sharing Circle Blog? We are always looking for blog posts ideas that inspire, educate and showcase our members. If you have a topic you would like someone from the ITO team to write about, please get in touch.
Past blog posts include:
Top Trade Show Tips for the Tourism Industry
Lessons from a West Coast Restaurant Takeover
What Business Structure is Best for my Business
Why I incorporated my Small Business
How to Produce High-Quality Images for your Small Business (Coming Soon!)
Promote Your Business
- Get listed on www.IndigenousExperienceOntario.ca. In 2020, ITO and Indigenous Experience Ontario (IEO) partnered to bring to life a travel website that serves as an Indigenous tourism marketing hub. Through this the website we showcase authentic Indigenous experiences, building awareness and connecting eager visitors to the unique experience offerings in Ontario.
IEO showcases Indigenous-owned and controlled tourism businesses from across the province. Eligible Members of ITO will receive a complimentary basic listing on the website which includes 1-6 photos, your logo, and a 100-250 word description.
- Gain exposure through Regional Tourism Organizations (RTOs)and Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) like Destination Northern Ontario;
- Access opportunities to be featured in media, print, and digital advertising campaigns;
- Attend travel trade events like Rendez-vous Canada with ITO at exclusive rates;
- Take part in ITO social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more.
Get listed today to be recognized alongside Indigenous tourism leaders in Ontario! Visit IndigenousExperienceOntario.ca and email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Tag ITO on social media! We love to see what our members are up to. Please tag us in your business’s social media posts. Additionally, let us know about any upcoming events or specials you have going on. We try our best to repost everything we are tagged in to give our members the opportunity to connect with each other and access our audience.
Tag @indigenoustourismontario in posts and stories
Tag @IndigenousTourismOntario in posts
Miigwech for reading this edition of The Sharing Circle Blog. We hope you are now set up to fully use your ITO membership by building relationships and growing your business. Stay up to date with the latest programs and other relevant Indigenous tourism industry news through our weekly e-newsletter. If you have any feedback on this blog post, please let us know by emailing us at IBA@indigenoustourismontario.ca .